HEALTHMAP NOTICE OF PRIVACY STATEMENT
SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement explains HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS’s information practices, including:
- What information we may collect through the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services and how we collect it.
- How we use the information we collect.
- How we may share collected information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In General. HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS mission is to help you manage your health information, and we cannot help you do that without collecting certain information, including personal information about you. When we say “Personal Information,” we mean information that alone or in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate a specific person, such as: name, address, email address, phone number, medical records or certain other health data, insurance information, and financial information. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
We collect information when you:
- Authorize HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS to download your claims data. In order to supplement the data that HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS, receives from your current healthcare providers, you may further authorize the download of your Medicare claims data via Blue Button.
- Seek assistance from HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS. If you contact HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS with questions and requests, we may collect information from you in order to assist you with care coordination tasks, which may require you to provide additional information.
- Member of a sponsored Kidney Health Management “KHM” or Care Management program. In order to provide KHM or care management services to plan sponsors we are provided claims data and other clinical data from Accountable Care Organizations (ACO), employer sponsored health plans or current healthcare providers you are affiliated with.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information, including Personal Information, to deliver and improve the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services.
We may use information, including Personal Information, to:
- Communicate with you. We may send email to the email address you provide us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, system maintenance, or to provide information we think may be of interest to you. We may also communicate with you through the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services or other means enabled by the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services, such as through text messages, push notifications, or in-app messaging. You may adjust your communications preferences in your HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS account settings at any time or by unsubscribing from our marketing emails using the link provided at the bottom of those emails.
- Communicate with others at your request. If you choose to use HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS to share information with others, we may require Personal Information such as names, email addresses, fax numbers, or other contact information.
- Customize your HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS experience. We use information we collect through the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services to customize your HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS experience.
- Organize and analyze your health information. When you share information or we receive it from others, our employees and service providers may review that information to categorize and organize it for you.
- Provide and improve the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services. We use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes and may provide it to third parties as necessary to allow us to facilitate or improve the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services.
We may aggregate or de-identify data collected through the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services and use it for any purpose.
HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information. We do not share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission. We may share aggregate or de-identified data with third parties for any purpose.
We may share information, including Personal Information, as follows:
- With your permission. We may share your Personal Information or other information about you with third parties when we have your permission or at your direction, including when you direct us to send information to a healthcare provider. This data shared at your direction is with providers and Healthcare professionals that are currently providing your healthcare.
- With our vendors and service providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained to help us provide or improve the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services.
- Treatment. We may disclose information to doctors, pharmacies, hospitals and other health care providers who take care of you to assist in your treatment or the coordination of our care.
- With our Plan sponsors. Plan sponsors are employers, accountable care organizations (ACO’s) or health systems that sponsor a group health plan or have contracted with HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS to provide services to members. We may disclose PERSONAL INFORMATION to the plan sponsor as follows: we may disclose “summary health information” to your plan sponsor to assist in care coordination of healthcare services and to provide you with disease management programs or other available health services. We may also use and disclose your PERSONAL INFORMATION to provide you with reminders or obtain preventative health services, and to inform you of treatment alternatives and/or health related benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
- As required by law and similar disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; defend against legal claims; respond to your requests; protect the rights, property, and safety of you, HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS, or others; or as otherwise required by law.
- In connection with a merger, sale, or other asset transfer. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, or other substantial corporate transaction, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, any information we possess, including Personal Information, may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. In such cases, we cannot control how other entities may use or disclose such information. We do offer you the option to close your account and remove your data prevent any future data sharing should this merger, sale or transfer occur.
We take steps to ensure that information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Unfortunately, neither the Internet nor any form of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided to us. We do not accept liability for any unintentional disclosure.
By using the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services or providing an email address to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services.
Healthmap Solutions shall notify the customer within ten (10) days after Healthmap Solution’s discovery of any incident that involves an unauthorized acquisition, access, use, or disclosure of Protected Health Information, even if Healthmap Solutions believes the incident will not rise to the level of a Breach. Healthmap Solutions agrees that such notification will meet the requirements of the HIPAA Breach Notification Rule set forth in 45 CFR § 164.410 and include the following:
• Description of the incident including who discovered it, how it was discovered, date of discovery
• Description of the types of unsecured protected health information that were involved in the breach
• Steps the individual should take to protect themselves from potential harm resulting from the breach
• Description of what is being done to investigation the breach, to mitigate harm to individuals, and to protect against further breaches
• Contact procedures for individuals to ask questions or learn additional information which should include a toll-free number, an email address, website, or postal address Healthmap Solutions shall provide to the customer the names and contact information of all individuals whose PHI was or is believed to have been involved, all other information reasonably requested by the customer to enable the customer to perform and document a risk assessment in accordance with the HIPAA Breach Notification Rule with respect to the incident to determine whether a Breach occurred, and all other information reasonably necessary to provide notice to Individuals, the Department of Health and Human Services and/or the media in accordance with the HIPAA Breach Notification Rule. In the event of an incident that is required to be reported due to involvement of PHI, the customer shall elect in its sole discretion whether customer, Healthmap Solutions or a third party shall be responsible for investigating that incident and providing notices as required. Healthmap Solutions shall conduct, or pay the costs of conducting, an investigation of any incident involving a breach of PHI shall reimburse and pay customer for all expenses and costs incurred by customer that arise from the investigation.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud or abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or take other actions permitted by law. Anonymous or aggregated information that does not identify you personally may be retained indefinitely.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services are designed for or directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at EMAIL_LINK. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate any account created by such children.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, you may choose to manage your child’s health information through your HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS account.
If you are visiting or using the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and to processing globally. By providing your information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our information practices. If we decide to change this Privacy Statement, we will post the changes on this page so that you are aware of our practices and update the “Last Updated” date above. If we make a material change in how we collect, use, or disclose Personal Information, we will make reasonable efforts to provide notice through the HEALTHMAP SOLUTIONS Services and obtain consent to any such uses as may be required by law. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at.
Healthmap Solutions, LLC.
400 North Tampa Street Suite 1310
Tampa, Florida 33602